Monday, May 6, 2013

Birth Mother's Day ... Differing Views

Adoption Author, Lori Holden
I love my contacts in adoption! Long ago, when I first started out online as a blogger I met a fantastic advocate whom I have come to admire. She is one of Parenting Magazines Top Ten Must Read Moms, and she deserves the honor. Her name is Lori Holden and she has a way with words.

She emailed me to let me know that she was gracious enough to quote me in an guest post she did for Disney Baby, and this is one of the reasons why I love her! She files all the adoption writers she knows in her head and can remember our words with accuracy ... and then is kind enough to share our thoughts with the world.

Thank you Lori for being a friend not just to me, but to all you know. I always appreciate when you spread more opinions in the hopes to help so many out there!

Please read on to introduce yourself to Lori if you do not already know her ....
Celebrating Birth Mothers Day: An Interview with Adoption Author Lori Holden

Lori Holden, Author of The Open-Hearted Way to Open Adoption: Helping Your Child Grow Up Whole 


2 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Thanks for the shout out, Kelsey! And for sharing your voice.

Anonymous said...

I am adopted, and it hurts me to think of my mother. She now has a son, I'm afraid that she loves me, she loves him and not me. I want to ask you mothers: what do you feel when you give the child up for adoption? I read that many mothers write "I really love my son." But what do you feel concretely for this child? My mother was happy to know that I'm okay, and that I seek her, but relatives say she was a bad woman, who did not care much about his children.
Answer me please, you do not grow the children that you gave up for adoption, so I want to ask you: why do you love this child? what you feel for him? you worry for him? if hem die or has an accident do you worry as they worry her adoptive parents?
the relationship that a (birth) mother has with her child is not the same relationship that you have with a child that you grow for a lifetime. My (adoptive) mother worries a lot to me, she loves me, she knows my character and how I react to events, my (birth) mother does not know anything about me, so why she should love me? i don't judje, but think about that hurts me so much, i want to understand, i want to have a testimony from a (birth) mother.
Update: What would you do for that child? would you kill urself for him? I think that love we must built, as well as the relationships, just maternal instinct isn't enough......