Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ten Years Gone

There are songs, and then there are songs. Moving our souls they can spark memories, stop us in our tracks, make us scream at the top of our lungs for no reason other than to say "I LOVE THIS SONG!" (You will find me doing the later anytime a Beastie Boys song comes on...) or just make us smile as our insides tingle with reminiscence.

This song came on the radio the other day and for some reason, for the first time ever, I thought of my twins as it began. I mean it was almost instantaneous. Not sure why, but they were front on my mind. Then, as if I had never heard the song before, I listened in a new light. I knew the staffs that were coming up, but the lyrics just seemed to jump out at me. I could not believe how moved I was. It has long been a favorite of mine because I LOVE ME some Led Zeppelin. Then I found this on good ol' YouTube and I cannot deny that it has now become for me what is known as an adoption song.

"Turn the eyes and I sparkle,
Senses growing keen.
Tasting love along the way,
See your feathers preen.
Kind of make you feel sometimes,
Didn't have to go.
We are eagles of one nest,
The nest is in our souls."

Ten Years Gone ~ Led Zeppelin
Photo courtesy of Photo Bucket user Psixstring

0 comments: