Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Grinch And Original Birth Certificates

Theodore Giesel (AKA Dr. Seuss) is by far my favorite author ... EVER! He was so ahead of his time and always found a way to help see the most difficult issues in a simplistic form. The Lorax just blew me away when I first read it and if you read it in modern day you can see that he forsaw the destruction that can happen from too much comsumption. My favorite writing of his? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas!

I found this by way of Facebook and thought it was interesting. At first, I thought it was kind of strange. Wasn't sure where it was going. However, once I finished it I realized that it could be a good way to help so many out there understand the plight that SOOOOOO many adoptees deal with on a daily basis.

The Grinch Who Closed Adoption Records

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this. Do you like it? Do you dislike it? How do you feel about using a classic tale to raise awareness for adoptee rights?

0 comments: