Saturday, July 21, 2012

Adoption Shame

Photo courtesy of Adoption Voices Magazine.
As many of you know by now, I am a contributor at Adoption Voices Magazine. This magazine is an amazing array of voices, all whom have lived with adoption in their lives. This time around, you will find an article from an adoptive father, an article about Dave Thomas, a recap of the book Primal Wound, an eye opening article from Claudia Corrigan D'Arcy titled 30 Things I Wish I Knew Before Adoption Entered My Life .... and many more interesting points of view.


One of the articles is an offering I wrote for Jane starting to cover the shame in adoption. WHAT? Shame you say? Yes, there are many who do feel shame when it comes to adoption. This is just the first article in this category for me as I have a couple more in the works for AVM to publish at a later date. 


It is not an easy topic to discuss because I do not think anyone is comfortable talking about shame in their lives. But in order to shed light on all aspects of a my journey in adoption I feel it needs to be talked about. Feel free to read the article by clicking the link below, then come back to share your thoughts.

Adoption Shame ~ Adoption Voices Magazine

0 comments: