Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Children's Book Explaining Adoption From a Birth Mother's Point of View



I am a first time author/illustrator of a children's book that I have self published. I am a birth mother who has been through two adoptions and I have written this book in my perspective explaining why I chose adoption for my child. In my research I have found no other book for children out there like this. There are many books about adoption for kids, don't get me wrong, but I have not found one that is written from a mother's point of view discussing these issues.



My hope for this book is to help many children out there realize that adoption is all about the love for them, not that they were not wanted. Many adopted children have abandonment issues regarding being adopted, and although my book may not answer all those questions, it can open up that sometimes difficult conversation between adopting parents and their children. I have received many compliments from adult and child adoptees whose reaction has been immensely positive. I believe that it only takes one strong voice to make a difference in this world, and I am willing to be that voice that changes the perception of birth mothers.

The Best For You

0 comments: