Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sounds In The Silence ~ Three Sides of This Birthmotehr

I know, I have not been around much and I do miss writing. But it seems that the people in my community believed in me and I won the School Board Seat by just 8 votes! That was AFTER the absentee and provisional ballots were counted, so November was quite a long month for me waiting for counts to be official. But here I am, Mom, Volunteer, Board Trustee!!! It is both exciting and scary at the same time and I have stacks and stacks of papers to read ... hence the absence.

However today I came across a writing I did for Adoption Voices Magazine that was posted recently, but written a while ago. After re reading this piece I was struck at how much it reflects the events in our country this past week. All those families will have to move through the tragedy that was Sandy Hook and I hope somewhere out there one of those families can find this post and through their grief and sorrow somehow be able to find a light ... a sign that life will fulfill them once again with happiness and love. My heart goes out to all who live in that community, they have a long road of recovery ahead of them.

So here is the contribution that I want to share ... some of you may be able to connect to something in here....

Sound In The Silence~ Three Sides Of This Birthmother

0 comments: