Thursday, April 21, 2011

Not Talking is a Good Thing

So, there are some weeks when thinking about adoption is not in my plan. This has been one of those weeks. I find that when I go somewhere to speak about all that can happen in adoption, I often spend the following days and perhaps weeks just letting it all go. Talking about adoption non stop can get to me, not in a bad way but rather in a way that leaves me longing to just enjoy the life that is here now.

So, with that said I will keep going here in my life now because there are folks that need my attention. And when I feel the need to talk more about adoption, well then I will. Know that I am not saying that I refuse to talk, or that I am done forever. That will never happen. Adoption will always be a part of my life. But today, and for the past few days I have had to just step back and live for now.

This is the great thing about life. We can all make conscious decisions to let our lives be what we want them to be. Right now, my life is peaceful and I want to just let it take me where it needs to be. So until I feel that inspiration to shout out about adoption, I will keep swimming in the big beautiful ocean that is life as we know it.

0 comments: